Japan is an increasingly popular and attractive destination for students. As of May 1, 2010, there were about 140,000 foreign students in Japan. The Japanese government is expecting that number to increase in the near future, to 300,000 by the year 2020.
Whether your aim is simply to learn the Japanese language because you are deeply interested in Japanese culture, or whether you intend to study and/or work in Japan, it is a great idea to come here and learn this language.
Here are 10 good reasons to study in Japan:
- Make the most of an excellent education system. What you will have learned in Japan – Academic and other skills alike – will have you ready for even the most competitive job markets. Learning the Japanese language will allow you to enroll in a university and obtain a highly respected degree, should you decide to do so.
- Once you have completed your courses and achieved a good JLPT score, you will be in a good situation to seek a position at a Japanese company. Should you decide to stay in Japan, a lot of opportunities will unfold. The Japanese job market is a very dynamic one and the Japanese economy is the third in the world. Last but not least, you can expect high incomes in Japanese companies.
- If you decide to leave Japan after you have finished your language courses, your experience and skills will be very highly-considered by potential employers, be it in your country or anywhere else in the world. The Japanese language will surely open many doors!
- The Japanese government is more than ever willing to open up to increased immigration. Now is the right time to come to Japan!
- You will learn the Japanese language much faster if you stay in Japan rather than simply studying it abroad. It is usually believed that it takes 6 months to 1 year of Japanese class in Japan to achieve a Level 2 JLPT score, whereas it would take about 10 years to reach the same level if you were staying abroad.
- Discover a rich and fascinating culture. Japan is also the land of innovation and creativity. Beyond the language, there is so much to learn in Japan.
- Enjoy a peaceful life. Japan is one of the safest developed countries in the world. Walk in the middle of the night in a deserted street with no fear. Even if you forget your wallet at a bar, there is a very good chance it will remain there until you pick it up!
- Great life conditions: healthcare, transportation system, affordable, tasty and healthy food, great services, exciting nightlife, modern accommodations with all the comfort you need (and more) …
- Despite those great life conditions, you will find that the cost of living is not so high.
- The daily challenges and “adventure” feel of being a foreigner in Japan. Along with Japan, come never-ending opportunities for amazing experiences and discoveries.
To learn more about Japan, please click here.