Why study in Japan?
Japan is an increasingly popular and attractive destination for students. As of May 1, 2010, there are about 140,000 foreign students in Japan. The Japanese government is expecting that number to increase to 300,000 by the year 2020.
Whether your aim is simply to learn the Japanese language because you are deeply interested in Japanese culture, or you intend to study and/or work in Japan, it is a great idea to learn the language in its country itself. It will be one of the exciting time of your life and a great stepping stone for your life and your career.
So, WHY study in Japan?
1.Make the most of an excellent education system– and tuition fees that are quite lower than other developed countries. What you will learn in Japan will prepare you and will have you ready for even the most competitive job markets. Learning the Japanese language will allow you to enroll in a university and obtain a highly respected degree and eventually open more opportunities for you.
2. Once you have completed your courses and achieved a good JLPTscore (JLPT N2 should be your target), you will be in a good situation to seek a position at a Japanese company. Should you decide to stay in Japan, a lot of opportunities will unfold. The Japanese job market is a very dynamic one and the Japanese economy is the third in the world.
3. If you decide to leave Japan and after you have finished your language courses, your experience and skills will be very valuable to potential employers, be it in your country or anywhere else in the world. The Japanese language will surely bring more opportunities.
4. The Japanese government is opening up more opportunities for foreign nationals, including offering different type of visas to cater the shortage of manpower. If you are still thinking when the right time to study Japanese is, the answer is, now is the right time.
5. You will learn the Japanese language faster by studying in Japan rather than simply studying it abroad. It is usually believed that it takes 10 months (with hard work) to 1 year to achieve a Level 2 JLPT score, whereas it would take much longer (likely years) if you were staying in abroad.
6. Discover a rich and fascinating culture. Japan is also the land of innovation and creativity. Beyond the language, there is so much to learn in Japan. Never-ending opportunities for amazing experiences and discoveries.
7. Enjoy a peaceful life. Japan is one of the safest developed countries in the world. Walk in the middle of the night in a deserted street with no fear. Even if you forget your wallet at a bar, there is a very good chance it will remain there until you pick it up!
8. Great life condition: You will have access to great healthcare, transportation system, affordable tasty and healthy food, great services, Japanese sub culture and modern accommodations with all the comfort you need.
9. You will find that the cost of living is not so high. There are many ways for you to save money. Check out our blogs on different ways to save money in Japan.
Foreign students can work up to 28 hours per week in Japan and 40 hours on long holiday. Most of the students chose to work long hours on their long school breaks rather than travel or go back to their country so they can save more money (for their future plans like Senmon Gakko) which they cannot do during normal school days.
To learn more about Japan, please click here.
Check our article “The top 10 reasons to study in Japan“
Contact us to know more about Studying in Japan