Introduction of Kyoto Minsai
Kyoto features great surroundings for students with a rich culture, ancestral history and amazing sceneries. Numerous, and sometimes prestigious, universities (Kyoto University, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto Seika University …) contribute to a studious though young and lively atmosphere.
Kyoto Minsai cares about its students’ well-being while providing high-quality teaching. At Kyoto Minsai, it is not just about learning words and grammar, it is also about getting a feel for the Japanese culture and the Japanese way of thinking. Through this experience, students will have explored the depth of the Japanese way of life.
Features of Kyoto Minsai
- Small classes enables teachers to be close to their students, and students to improve faster.
- Personalized counseling.
- School staff assist students in their daily life (e.g. to find part-time jobs, to open a bank account etc …).
- Japanese culture teaching is emphasized.
- Great facilities (tatami room, large kitchen …) for activities within the school premises.
A quick look at some of the facilities
Courses offered by Kyoto Minsai
1. Long-term course
You will placed in a class depending on your objectives.
If your goal is simply to learn Japanese and speak it fluently, you will go to a General course.
If you want to go to Higher Education in Japan, you will be prepared to take the EJU (the Examination to enter Japanese universities). This is the Academic course.
Tuition fees (Long-term courses)
|Start||January, April, July, October|
|Length||12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 21 months, 24 months / For 6 months : contact-us|
|Schedule||Monday to Friday / Morning : 8:30 am to 12:30 / Afternoon : 2 pm to 5 pm|
|Courses||5 half-days (3 hours and 10 minutes each)|
|Students per course||12 to 17|
|Required Japanese language skills||150 hours of studies or JLPT N5|
|Tuition fee (1 year)||¥600,000/year|
|School facility expenses||¥24,000|
2. Short-term courses
The length of those courses vary from 2 weeks to 10 weeks, providing you with great flexibility. Each week consist in 4 half-days of class and 1 day of excursion. You can enroll with a simple tourist visa, or a working holiday visa (depending on your nationality – contact us to know more).
|Start||January 11 & 18; April 11 & 18; July 05 & 18; October 10 & 18|
|Length||2, 4, 8 or 10 weeks|
|Schedule||Monday to Thursday / Friday : Field Trip / Morning : 8:50 am to noon / Afternoon : 2 pm to 5:10 pm|
|Courses||4 half-days (3 hours and 10 minutes each) + Excursions on Fridays|
|Number of students per class||Variable (12 to 17)|
|Required Japanese language skills||No required Japanese language skills|
|Tuition fees (all inclusive)||2 weeks: ¥70,000; 4 weeks:¥ 100,000; 8 weeks:¥156,000; 10 weeks: ¥175,000 （Admission fee¥10,000）|
Activities offered by Kyoto Minsai
Various activities are organized for students in the school and out of the school. Tea ceremony, Ikebana (flower arrangement), Japanese cuisine, calligraphy … It is important that students get familiar with the Japanese culture, customs and activities.
- Kyoto Minsai offers various housing solutions to students. Apartments to share with other students, either with individual rooms or shared rooms.
- Prices vary from 23.000 to 29.000 ¥ per month for shared rooms.
- From 35.000 to 44.000 ¥ for individual rooms.
- Equipments vary (micro-wave, internet …) depending on places.
- Please note that there is an “accommodation” fee of 50.000 ¥ for insurance, furniture and service fees to be paid once, at the beginning. Also, you may rent a futon for 8.000 ¥ (for the length of your stay).
- Usually, the apartments are just a few minutes away – by foot or by bicycle – from the school.
Example of costs for 1 year of studies at Kyoto Minsai (including housing) – 2019
Here is an estimate of the costs to study for one year at Kyoto Minsai. It includes the accommodation fees of 35,000 ¥ per month. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
|School facility expenses||¥24,000|
|Accommodation (individual room)||¥420,000|
To know more, contact-us here or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org